The “Website” www.footwearcountry.co.uk is operated by Footwear Country, Thorn Cottage, Holy City, Axminster EX13 7JZ
Product, Pricing & Delivery
1. Whilst we take every care to ensure that the descriptions & specifications are correct at the time of publishing, specifications may alter. Colour reproduction is as accurate as the publishing process will allow. If you are not satisfied with the colour of the Goods you have ordered, you may return them under clause 11 below.
2. The price of all items is as stated on the item, subject to any offer or discount applicable at the time. The prices quoted on the Website are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate & inclusive of the economy delivery charges. All sale items have been on the site or on sale at shows for a minimum of 28 days at full price. Sale items are inclusive of economy delivery charges.
3. Any voucher offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount code & all are subject to availability while stocks last. For any offer code that has a minimum spend your order must exceed the minimum to qualify for the discount
4. The Website contains a large number of Goods & it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Goods listed on the Website may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our confirmation procedure. Where an item's correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the relevant Goods to you. If an item's correct price is higher than the price stated on the Website we will normally, contact you for instructions before confirming the Contract for the Goods or reject your order & notify as such. We are under no obligation to provide the Goods to you at an incorrect (lower) price, even after receipt of a Confirmation Email if the pricing error is obvious & unmistakable & could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mispriced item.
5. We offer three options of delivery, economy which is free, standard & express which are at an additional cost; there may be times when we are unable to offer the alternatives. Express delivery is restricted at weekends & bank holidays as detailed. Please note that when specifying days in terms of delivery we are referring to working days and these are defined as Monday to Friday.
Order, Returns & Complaints
6. Your order constitutes an offer to us to purchase the Goods. When an order is placed you will be sent an e-mail to confirm your order has been received by Footwear Country. This e-mail does not guarantee we can dispatch your order as it has yet to be processed. Footwear Country may cancel or amend your order at any time as a result of security checks or insufficient stock levels, price discrepancy etc. Should any problems occur with your order an email will be sent to you.
7. The Contract will only relate to those Goods whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Confirmation Email. We will not be obliged to supply any other Goods, which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Goods has been confirmed in a separate Confirmation Email.
8. The availability & specification of the Goods are subject to change without notice, although we will try & give you notice wherever possible & all descriptions, pictures & specifications on the Website are published for illustration purposes only & are not binding on us.
9. Payment may be made by any credit/debit card acceptable to us, which will be processed through a secure transaction gateway, PayPal or by cheque to the Footwear Country address. Payments by credit/debit card & PayPal will be processed at the time & a discount or refund for any Goods that cannot be dispatched within 21 days of the scheduled dispatch date maybe processed at our discretion. We recommend that you do not communicate your payment card details to anyone, including us, by e-mail. We cannot be responsible for any losses you may incur in transmitting information to us by Internet link or by e-mail. Any such loss shall not be borne either wholly or partly by us, & shall be entirely your responsibility.
10. Ownership of the Goods shall not pass to you until we have received in full all monies owed by you to us under this Contract & any other contract with us. All risk of loss of or damage to the Goods shall pass to you upon delivery.
11. Should you wish to return unworn shoes or boots, we request that they are returned within 14 days of purchase, to the address listed (contact us) with details of the date & method of purchase, & your full name & address. Please obtain proof of dispatch when returning items. On receipt of the returned goods we will issue a replacement, an alternative size or style or a full refund, as requested. Refunds of special offer or sale items will be at the price paid. This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
12. Any complaints or queries should be directed to Customer Service using one of the methods:-
a. By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
b. By phone to 01460 221720
c. By post to Footwear Country, Thorn Cottage, Holy City, Axminster EX13 7JZ
13. Your contract with Footwear Country will be subject to the Conditions in force at the time that you order Goods from us, unless any change to those policies or the Conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or the Conditions before we send you the Confirmation Email (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the Conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within 14 working days of receipt by you of the Goods).
14. When you register you will be asked to provide your name, billing address, delivery address & telephone number & you will be required to choose a username & password on completion of registration. You are responsible for keeping this information safe & should not disclose this information to anyone else. If you feel your password has been compromised, you must alter it immediately at footwearcountry.co.uk. Footwear Country will not pass on your personal information to any third party.
15. As you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within 14 days after you received the Goods. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Goods including delivery charges. To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing within 14 working days of receipt of the Goods. Details on how to return Goods can be found under Delivery & Returns
16. You must also return the Goods to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, & at your own cost & risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Goods while they are in your possession. They must be returned in their original packaging & unused. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right to recover any costs involved.
We will not be responsible for any loss or damage to Goods being returned under this clause & if returned products are lost or damaged in transit we reserve the right to charge you. We therefore recommend that you use a recorded delivery service.
17. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible &, in any case, within 14 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation. We will refund the price of the Goods in by the original payment method used.
18. Our “goodwill” refund or exchange policy (where there is no legal right to a refund or exchange under the Distance Selling Regulations or otherwise) is offered on goods returned in a resalable condition with a proof of purchase within 28 days of receipt & does not affect your legal rights under the Distance Selling Regulations or other legislation. Delivery charges may not be refunded. Refunds will be processed back via the original payment method within 14 days of the day we confirmed to you that you were entitled to a refund for the returned Goods. This is in addition to your statutory rights, which remain unaffected.
19. As a business Footwear Country are committed to protecting your privacy. Any information that we request of you, is to enable us to complete your order & offer you, the customer, the best possible service. We will only use the information collected from you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We will not collect sensitive information about you without your consent. We will not pass your details onto any other company.
Liability & General Terms
20. We warrant to you that any Goods purchased from us through the Website are of satisfactory quality & reasonably fit for all the purposes for which goods of such kind are commonly supplied.
21. Faulty Goods, which have been returned by you, will be refunded in full, including a refund of the delivery charges for sending the item to you & the cost incurred by you in returning the item to us. Details on how to return Goods can be found under Delivery & Returns.
22. Our liability for your losses as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Goods you purchased & any losses, which are a natural & foreseeable consequence of us breaking the agreement.
23. You must follow any written advice (instructions or product manuals) provided with the Goods to ensure their safe use. We cannot accept liability for damage to Goods which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
24. We are not liable for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage including, loss of income or revenue or business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; or waste of management or office time, however arising & whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise.
25. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) do or fail to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
26. Nothing in these Conditions limits our liability for personal injury or death caused by our negligence or for fraud.
27. We will not be liable to you for any delay in delivery of products ordered or any other matters to the extent that the delay is due to any event outside our reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, war, flood, fire, labour disputes, strikes, lock-outs, riots, civil commotion, malicious damage, explosion, governmental actions & any other similar events.
28. We will not be liable (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of telecommunications service providers or for failures of, or faults in their networks & equipment.
29. Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using the Website, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by email or provide you with information by posting notices on the Website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication & you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information & other communications that we provide to you electronically, comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This does not affect your statutory rights.
30. All notices given by you to us must be given to Footwear Country at the registered office address or email address given. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in the paragraph above.
31. Notice will be deemed received & properly served 24 hours after an email is sent or it is posted on the Website, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped & placed in the post &, in the case of an email that such email was sent to the specified email address of the addressee.
32. If you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
33. The copyright & all other intellectual property rights in & to the Website &/or any &/or all of the material on the Website (the "IP") are owned by Footwear Country. Any copying, downloading or other unauthorised use of any &/or all of the material on the Website &/or any &/or all unauthorised use of any &/or all of the IP is expressly forbidden.
34. We are not responsible for any &/or all of the content of any third party websites which are linked to the Website.
35. These Conditions & any policy expressly referred to in them, represents the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract & supersede any prior agreement, understanding or agreement between us whether oral or in writing.
36. No relaxation or delay by us in exercising any right or remedy under these Conditions shall operate as a waiver or shall affect or ability to subsequently exercise that right or remedy unless any waiver is agreed by us in writing.
37. If any of these Conditions are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the remaining Conditions & provisions will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
38. The Contract between you & us is binding on you & us & on our respective successors & assigns. You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. We may assign, transfer or sub-contract any of our rights or obligations under these Conditions to any third party at our discretion.
39. Only you & we are entitled to enforce these Conditions. No third party shall be entitled to enforce any of these Conditions, whether by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
40. We may terminate the Contract at any time &/or claim damages for breach of contract if we suspect that you have made a fraudulent misstatement to us, whether orally or in writing, prior to or after entering into the Contract.
41. Contracts for the purchase of Goods through the Website will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.